Tuesday, April 3, 2007

ARGH!!!

I have had two very lovely days here in central Australia, but I can't get any pictures up to show you just how lovely. Everything is ridiculously expensive here (tourists here are the definition of a captive audience), but on top of that many of the services are lacking. For example, I could use my computer in one of the hotels for ONLY $25 PER DAY. Or I can use the internet kiosks for the low low price of $0.20 per minute, which is what I decided to do, but I just found that the card reader is broken, so I still can't upload pictures!

Happily, my frustration with the "resort" I'm staying at has been outweighed by the excellent days I've been having. I will be in Alice Springs tomorrow night and will make a full update then, but for now I will just say that in the last two days, I've walked 16.8 km through some of the most interesting places in the world. Oh, and I rode a camel into the sunrise, but you'll have to wait until next time for details! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good God! I thought NZ was expensive. Look forward to seeing the photos. :)

Lil W said...

Oh bummer!!! Sorry about the computer miss up. Hope you can find somewhere soon so we can see pictures!

Anonymous said...

I'll wait patiently :-)

The Red Centre is such an incredibly photogenic place that I'm sure you have some beautiful ones.