Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Random Pictures

As you probably noticed (I know Lilia did!), there's been a whole lotta posting going on! That's because I finally have a reliable internet connection, so I'm able to catch up. It's about 8 AM here in Sydney, and I'm waiting for my laundry to get done before I head out for the day. This will be last post until at least tonight. I wanted to wrap up with some random pictures from our New Zealand trip.

My family sent me this a few days after I left. Isn't it sweet? (except for Jason, of course)

Family

This is what my knees looked like a few days after I fell. They're still kind of purple!

449_Knees

Here is the tiny little part that caused all those problems in Queenstown:

618_Bolt

And finally, and most scary, this is what happened to any fly that got in our campervan - Rebecca grabbed a book and smashed them! This one died explosively! Most of the others went quietly. In one night, she killed at least six, for which I was eternally grateful!

601_Fly

That's it for New Zealand - from here on out, it'll be Australia! Thanks for following along so far!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I've really loved following your NZ trip and look forward to seeing you soon.

By the way, if you haven't planned it already, a harbour cruise is good thing to do in Sydney, especially if it's on one of the heritage ferries. Also Bondi Beach, Sydney's famed city beach suburb, for a bit of classic Sydney culture. It has some walking paths on either side of it too.

See you soon!

Kerry

Anonymous said...

Eeew on the flies!
Have fun in Oz-land :)
Susan

Lil W said...

Aren't I just so observant? HeeHee. I tend to check everyday because I usually have time, so I noticed one day nothing, next day all these posts!

The flies are totally gross. Seriously! You took a picture??

Anonymous said...

I've been still reading with great interest. Milford Sound looks gorgeous!!!

And your poor knees. :-(

-Alexandra/CAhobbit

Anonymous said...

I knew I should have kept that book as a memento, and as a warning to any American flies. Glad to hear you made to to Australia safe.