Friday, March 9, 2007

We're in LA!

My dad picked me up at 4 AM today, and then we picked up Rebecca and headed to the airport. The flight was mostly uneventful, except for some extremely obnoxious children who were sitting in front of us. They were jumping on the seats, standing up and peering down at us, yelling incessantly - at one point the kid in front of me was standing on his seat, facing the rear of the plane, and letting out a loud yelp every few seconds! Where was his mother, you might ask? She was sitting right there, doing nothing. Argh!

Anyway, we're here in the hotel. Alex picked us up at the airport and we drove out to Burbank. LA is its usual charming self, complete with crazy drivers and vicious smog. We took a small detour to Target (I had a few moments of doubt regarding the gigantic backpack I brought as my luggage), had a delicious lunch at Outback, and then a quick nap at the hotel. The rest of the day will be pretty quiet, although we're going out to see a band called Beecake at 11 PM. Tomorrow will be a little more eventful - we'll get to see Billy Boyd and David Wenham (from LotR), as well as a few more friends.

2 comments:

TheBigFriendlyGiant said...

Yay!! I'll continue my overseas adventures vicariously through Christy and Rebecca. I'm excited about reading your blog. Have fun!! And stay away from the dingos!

Joelle said...

Glad you guys got here safe!