Saturday, March 10, 2007

Why I couldn't live in LA...

Yesterday was one loooooong day. I think I was up for 25 hours between sleeping (not including very brief naps). We topped off the night by going to a concert, and by the end of it I was almost comatose from exhaustion and from standing for hours (the band we were there to see didn't go on until after 11, which was 2 AM to me)!

However, it turned out to be very worth it. As the last band started to play (Beecake, whose lead singer is Billy Boyd who was Pippin in the LotR movies), Alex and Rebecca has moved forward while our friend Dusty and I hung back to lean on the wall. Suddenly, Rebecca rushed over and said in hushed tones, "Orlando Bloom is here!!!" Dusty and I craned our necks, along with about 10 other people in the audience and started debating whether or not it was really him. The club was really dark, and all we could really make out was tousled hair. However, it did turn out to be him! Rebecca downed a beer and mustered up her nerve to go and speak to him, and ended up getting a picture!



After the show, we actually spotted someone who looked very much like Viggo Mortenson darting into the VIP room - so basically we saw two of the rarest LotR stars in one night, while watching a third perform! It made me realize that if I lived in LA, I'd probably spend all of my time looking for celebrities - last time I was here I happened to be on the rental bus with Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe, which was pretty random. It wouldn't be long before I was seeing celebrities around every corner! :)

We're about to go down to find some lunch and then go to the convention. Billy Boyd is here today, but I'm more excited about David Wenham - he should be feeling pretty good after the release of his new movie 300 yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful account of what has happened so far and for the great David Wenham pictures. *swoon*

Anonymous said...

wow! Looks like you guys are having a great time!

-Nikki